Think tropical sunshine and coconut cocktails. Think black pearl and vanilla bean farms and yes of course, the overwater bungalows above the electric blue water. French Polynesia is Paradise on Earth!
Here’s a few fun facts that you may not have known about this amazing destination . I sure didn’t!
- Tahitians are considered to be the most genuinely friendly people in the world.
- There are no poisonous snakes or insets in French Polynesia
- The Tahitian Alphabet is made up of 13 letters; the vowels a, e, i, o, and u and the consonants f, h, m, n, p, r, t and v. Notice no b? That’s why Bora Bora is actually pronounced Pora Pora. It means “first-born”, but early visitors heard it as Bora Bora.
- The word tattoo originated in French Polynesia. Tattoos have long been considered signs of beauty in Poynesian culture.
- Hawaii receives more tourists in a day than Tahiti does in a year.
- The overwater bungalow was invented in Tahiti in the 1960’s on the Island of Moorea.
- Tahiti is made up of 118 islands and atolls spread out over five archipelagos.
Of course most destinations include a photoshoot of our collections – jardin del sol – and the summer release of our latest campaign, Mesa! the four seasons resort bora bora did not disappoint. Lush landscape goals with the tranquil sea, pure heaven.
Bora Bora stole our hearts. We will return.
Watch for the release of our new MESA Collection in the coming months.
Shop our Jardin Del Sol Collection now.
Jody and Juliana
aka Cobalt and Tawny